Knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
Mastering yourself is true power.
Wisdom is referred to as ‘she’ in the Bible. This is an artist’s impression of Athena, Goddess of Wisdom. Let’s explore some wise quotes from famous women.
- If you don’t like being a doormat then get off the floor. (Gloria Steinem)
- If you can’t make it better, you can laugh at it. (Erma Bombeck)
- The truth will set you free. But, first, it will piss you off. (Gloria Steinem)
- The secret of getting ahead is getting started. (Sally Berger)
- The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
- The most effective way to do it, is to do it. (Amelia Earhart)
- Enemies are so stimulating. (Katharine Hepburn)
- The most common way people give up their power is by thinking theydon’t have any. (Alice Walker)
- Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood. (Marie Curie)
- People with closed fists cannot shake hands. (Indira Gandhi)
- If you give your life as a wholehearted response to love,
- then love will wholeheartedly respond to you. (Marianne Williamson)
- Too much of a good thing is wonderful. (Mae West)
- “Silent Gertrude” isn’t very much use to anyone. (Gertrude B. Stein)
- I’ve learned that you shouldn’t go through life with a catcher’s mitt
- on ‘both’ hands; you need to be able to throw something back! (Maya Angelou)
- The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. (Ellen Parr)