I’m a Canadian, so probably I should not be involved in USA politics. However, if Trump is elected it will definitely affect Canada and the world. Secondly, I’m a lesbian and a Christian. I believe in a loving God. Jesus did not separate people – he honoured a Samaritan who was an outcast in Jewish society. Jesus loved women and respected them in a society where a man could throw out his wife without financing her. He saved a woman from being stoned by men. Here are images of Christians who take on SELECTIVE ABOMINATIONS:
Hypocrisy Amongst Christians.
What if Trump had announced that he was a homosexual earlier in the race. I really think that Republicans would have picked another candidate. Christian leaders and their congregations would have opened their Bibles to Leviticus and announced from the pulpit and on their church boards that “A man shall not lie with a man.” He would have been charged with this abomination, found to be Unnatural and a pervert and even found to be a pedophile.” Let’s use the actual quote:
You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination. (Leviticus 18:22)
There would be the usual condemnation that Trump, as a homosexual, would be a bad influence on the youth. American is a “Christian country” and it would be pointed out that USA coins have “In God We Trust.”
Hey, Straight Trump’s Abominations Aren’t That Bad!
I’ve quoted the homosexual abomination in Leviticus and just a few verses down are Trump’s abominations
Leviticus 19:11 “ ‘Do not steal. “ ‘Do not lie. “ ‘Do not deceive one another.
Do Not Steal:
Not paying for work done is stealing! It breaks one of the Ten Commandments. It is an abomination.
Deuteronomy 24:15 Pay them their wages each day before sunset, because they are poor and are counting on it. Otherwise they may cry to the LORD against you, and you will be guilty of sin.
And in the New Testament: James 5:4 Look! The wages you failed to pay the workers who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord Almighty.
Do Not Lie
There are enough fact checkers around to know that Trump lies -sometimes, up to 37 times in a day. Lying is an abomination. Jesus called Satan, “The Father of Lies.”
Exodus 20:14 “You shall not commit adultery.
His Classless Use of Words
Anyone watching Trump at his rallies, knows that his words are racist, sexist, Islamophobic and angry. Here is how a Christian uses his or her words.
- Proverbs 12:18 There is one whose rash words are like sword thrusts, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.
- Ecclesiastes 10:12-14 Words from the mouth of the wise are gracious, but fools are consumed by their own lips. At the beginning their words are folly; at the end they are wicked madness and fools multiply words. No one knows what is coming– who can tell someone else what will happen after them
- Colossians 3:7-8 You used to do these things when your life was still part of this world. But now is the time to get rid of anger, rage, malicious behavior, slander, and dirty language.
- Ephesians 4:29-30 Don’t use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them. And do not bring sorrow to God’s Holy Spirit by the way you live. Remember, he has identified you as his own, guaranteeing that you will be saved on the day of redemption.
- Ephesians 4:31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of evil behavior.
That’s about it, folks. The Bible needs to be read in historical context. The reader has to realize that only those words that are based on pure unconditional love are God-inspired. Therefore, I do not believe in every word of the Bible.
AND this is not a reprimand just to Christians, any decent human being, regardless of race or religion should stand up against Trump. A few days ago, black churches have been burned.
Trump has opened Pandora’s box, we need to close the lid!