Examples compiled by teachers over the years.
- Adam and Eve were created from an apple tree.
- John Milton wrote “Paradise Lost” and then his wife died and he wrote “Paradise Regained.”
3. Abraham Lincoln’s mother died in infancy.
5 Handel was half-German, half-Italian and half-English. He was a very large man.
6. Queen Elizabeth’s navy defeated the Spanish Armadillo.
7. Socrates was a famous Greek teacher who died from an overdose of wedlock
8. The Hebrews made unleavened bread, which is bread made without any ingredients
9. Sir Francis Drake circumcised the world in a 100 foot clipper.
10. In the original Olympic Games, the Greeks hurled the biscuits.
11, Jacob, son of Isaac, stole his brother’s birthmark.
12. The Greeks invented three kinds of columns -Corinthian, Doric and Ironic.
13, In 1865, Lincoln was short by an actor in a moving picture. His name was John Wilkes B0oth and this ruined his career.
14. Solomon, one of David’s sons, had 500 wives and 500 porcupines.
15, Beethoven was so deaf that he wrote loud music.
16. Madman Curie discovered radium.
17. The inhabitants of Egypt were called mummies.
18,. Pontius the Pilot washed his hands. I think all pilots do this
19. The Magna Carta provided that no free man should be hanged twice for the same offence.