Gro Hammerseng-Edin and Anja Edin are Norwegian handball players. They married in 2013 and they have a child. Gro has been captain of the national team for several years. In 2007, she was voted female World Handball Player of the Year.
Gro played for 7 years with the Danish club FC Midtjylland Håndbold, and returned home to the Norwegian handball club Larvik.
Her Accomplishments are Incredible
- MVP – European Championship 2004 (Awarded in December 2004)
- All-Star Team: European Championship 2004 – Best Playmaker – (Awarded in December 2004)
- All-Star Team: Danish League 2004/05 – Best Playmaker – (Awarded in May 2005)
- MVP – European Championship 2006 (Awarded in December 2006)
- All-Star Team: European Championship 2006 – Best Playmaker – (Awarded in December 2006)
- ‘Role model’ of the year, Norwegian Sports Gala (Awarded in January 2007)
- ’Team Player’ of the year, Norwegian Sports Gala (Awarded in January 2007)
- ‘Snill Pike Statuetten’ – Norwegian media photographers (Awarded in March 2007)
- World Handball Player of the Year – Readers of World Handball Magazine and the International Handball Federation web site visitors.(Awarded in September 2008)
- All-Star Team: World Championship 2007 – Best Left Back – (Awarded in December 2007)
- Casparprisen – Gjøvik City (Awarded in August 2008)
- ’Player of the Year’ voted by the Ikast-fans (Awarded in May 2009)
- All-Star Team: European Championship 2010 – Best Playmaker – (Awarded in December 2010)
- ’Team Player’ of the year, Norwegian Sports Gala (Awarded in January 2011)
From 2005-2010, Gro was in a relationship with fellow Larvik HK and Norweigan national team player, Katja Nyberg. They split up and decided they would still play together for the club. In the lead-up to the 2008 Beijing Summer Olympics, Gro and other Norwegian athletes joined in Amnesty International’s campaign for human rights in the People’s Republic of China.
Gro gave birth to a child and with the marriage with Anja, this family is a great example to women in sports. Gro and Anja plan to write a book together.