Hello Visitor and Welcome.
My name is Paula Key and today (Thursday September 17, 2015) my site has just recorded 190,000 visitors from around the world. I write every day to inspire lesbians (and if you are NOT a lesbian, you are still very, very welcome).
Goals and Philosophy
I live in Canada on a lake and surrounded by huge rocks and pine trees. I am legally married to a wonderful woman named Trish. Gay marriage was legalized in Canada in 2005 – Spain just beat us that year – OLE!
- We are blessed to live in a country where discrimination against homosexuals is very rare. For this reason, I was inspired two years ago to start this website. I wanted to reach out to gays and lesbians who live in homophobic countries.
- I write to inform lesbians (and straight women) about great women of history or HER story.
This information is crucial to understanding who we are, particularly, if we are lesbians.
For example, many lesbians may not know that Sally Ride commanded a NASA space shuttle that orbited the earth. Sally died and it was her wish and her partner that it be known that she was a lesbian. Sally and her partner, Tammy O’Shaughnessy (professor) had lived together for over 25 years. Why is this important, well apart from Sally being a very bright scientist, it destroys the homophobic hateful views that lesbians and gays are sub-species and destroys the myth that lesbians are masculine want-to-be-males and gay men are hairdressers or spend their time dressing up in female clothes. We as gay or bi-sexual humans are just as diversified as our counterpart heterosexuals.
- From many of my blogs, you will notice that I spend time debunking right-wing and hateful Christians who use scripture to dehumanize us and make out that we CHOOSE to be sinners.
I have taught religion in high school and pursued theology courses. It is my mission to never let a gay or lesbian be bullied into thinking that they are sinful or unnatural. (The greatest sin is NOT to love people and to be unjust to others).
Many of my articles/blogs are about incredible gay women: doctors, lawyers, scientists, inventors, artists, writers (and more) and of course, the millions of lesbians who go to work, come home and raise families. Many of these women are forced into marriages! Whenever injustice raises its ugly head, I try to write to international papers with my comments.
As I mentioned, I blog or write on a daily basis.
I try to encourage lesbians, and good straight people who support us, to write to newspapers or email embassies and tourist offices to state that they disagree with hateful homophobia.
- I am so encouraged when I find flags on my daily site. It is incredible that people (LIKE YOU) find their way to my site – many of you are in homophobic countries and I support, admire and send you hugs. I also refer to Psychiatric and Psychology
- web pages where scientists point out that “homosexuality is NOT a disease, mental illness or perversion and it cannot be reversed, hence it is NOT a choice.” This is important!
- I am also a lesbian ebook writer. There are three of my books on Amazon and probably in a country near you. If you are in a homophobic country, the odds are that you cannot go into a library or book store/shop and get a lesbian book. Now, you can download my ebooks and other writers on to your computer, laptop, iphone or ipad or other device.
- Not all my writing is about lesbian or female subjects. I try to blog/write inspirational pages that will bring hope, joy and peace to readers. I love animals and Trish and myself travel overseas to house and pet sit. When possible I write about nature and animals and my travels.
WHO ARE YOU?]
I do not know you. I can imagine beautiful skin colours and a variety of features – eye colours, hair styles. I can imagine you as tall as Masai women or shorter. I wonder what language you speak and if you have a religion. What music do you like?
Do you dance around your home? Do you have children? Do you have a partner? Are you alone and frightened? (I hope not – but the reality is always there – and this is why I want you to make this site your SECOND HOME.) I hope you feel strong and happy and joyful for the person that you are! Let no one put you down! You are beautiful for who you are – believe me. Be careful and be safe.
Thank you for visiting this site. I wish you a long, happy and healthy life.
Some lesbians and bi-sexual women of history……..there are millions of us