This is the second blog on great things that happened world-wide in 2016. The media often relishes and thrives on “bad news” – and we need to pass on the ‘good news’ whenever we come across it. So, please pass this on to friends and family. paula. source: The fanatical fan addict.
The ozone layer is repairing itself and all the work we did to get rid of those aerosol chemicals was actually worth it.
· A new therapy developed in Israel could cure radiation sickness.
· The Anglican church resolved to solemnize same-sex unions the same as opposite-sex unions which required a super majority of all three orders of the church (lay, clergy, bishop).
· The Rabbinical Assembly issued a resolution affirming the rights of transgender and non-conforming individuals.
· Precision treatments for cancer are hitting clinical trials and WORKING (as someone who’s had relatives with cancer this is the best news)
· In the USA -dentists are once again providing free care to veterans who need it.
· The Orlando Shakespeare Festival showed up with angel wings to block funeral-goers for the Orlando Pulse victims, view from anti-gay protesters
· Rise Women’s Legal Centre opened
· Death by heart disease has decreased by 70% in the United States
· Two brothers saw color for the first time thanks to specially-designed glasses
• Portugal ran its entire nation solely on renewable energy for four days straight
· A retiree is launching a project to transport 80 endangered rhinos to an Australian reservation to save the animals from poaching
· An Afghan teacher has been delivering books via bicycle to villages that lack schools