- Ellen was born in Metairie, Louisiana in 1958 and she has a brother named Vance.
- Ellen loves tennis.
- Her birthday is January 26th.
- Her friends include Melissa Etheridge, Jamie Curtis, Jennifer Anniston, her mom, and her best friend, Portia, she married.
- Ellen and Vance were raised as Christian Scientists.
- Ellen has worked as a bar girl and a paralegal.
- She was able to raise seven million for Hurricane Relief victims.
- Ellen is an active member of PETA (People for Ethical Treatment of Animals)
- She was voted “Funniest Person in America” in 1982 and “Best Female Club Standup” at the Comedy Awards in 1991
- .Ellen came out as being gay on her show Ellen in 1997. That episode, named “The Puppy Episode”, recorded a record high, 45 million viewers.
- Ellen and Portia have been together since 2004. They married in 2008
- The 2014 Oscars will be hosted by ellen
- She stands 5ft 7 inches and it seems that Portia is the same height.
- In 2012, she earned a yearly salary of $65 million and was worth $200 million. (It should be noted that ellen and Portia have many charities that they support world-wide
- . In 1982 ellen appeared on the Johnny Carson Show and he interviewed her.
- After coming out, ellen was shunned by networks until 2004. She won an Emmy for the Best Talk Show Daytime in the first year of its broadcast. A first time for any day time talk show
17. ellen supports appropriately 37 charities.
18. At the age of 23, she began performing at a local coffeehouse.
19. She got her big debut in 1986 when, acting on a tip from Jay Leno.
20. elle Betty has appeared on many talk shows about her daughter.