A CHUCKLE AND A PAUSE TO REFLECT
Paula here. The sun is shining here on a Northern Ontario, Canada lake after a heavy storm. Isn’t that so like life in general – storms come in, often unexpected and we tie down the hatches with hope in our hearts. Sun often then appears often with a stillness and a pause to think, “What the heck was that all about?” In the storms of life, may you always find sanctuary in the harbour.
Now for some smiles.
Biggest Cavity Joke
“Open wide,” requested the dentist. “Good grief!” he told an anxious patient. “You have the biggest cavity I have ever seen….the biggest cacity I have ever seen.” The patient was alarmed. “It must be bad because you said it twice.” The doctor shook his head, “I didn’t say it twice; that was the echo!”
- Health is the greatest gift; contentment the greatest wealth and fullness the best friendship. (The Buddha).
- Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life. (Confucius)
- Courage is the resistance to fear; the mastery of fear, not the absence of fear. (Mark Twain)
The Game- Joke
Coach: “We are going to play a game. When I say fruit, everyone runs to the left wall. When I say a colour, everyone runs to the right wall. Got it?”
The kids waited.
“Orange!” yelled the coach.
- Perfection has one grave defect-it tends to be dull. (W. Somerset Maughan)
- Our happiness depends on wisdom all he way. (Sophocles)
- To live without love is to cease to live. (Fyodor Dostoevsky)
- Life is really simple, but we insist in making it complicated. (Confucius)
BORED? TRY THESE SUGGESTIONS
- go into a phone sales store with a banana. Hold it out in front of you and tell the sales person you want to upgrade to an APPLE.
- Get into a crowded elevator and say, “I bet you wondered why I gathered you all here today!”
- Put up a “Lost Dog” poster with a picture of a cat on it.
- When you take your money from an ATM slot, shout “I won, I won!”