Every year, careless or uninformed people die at what is supposed to be one of the happiest times of the year.
Do not put yourself or others on the tragic list! paula. Be around to welcome the New Year – 2017
BE CARE TO STAY ALIVE THIS CHRISTMAS.
- Since 1996, thirty-one Brits have died watering their Christmas lights that were still plugged in
2. Christmas tree fires have started due to frayed strands of Christmas lights.
3. It is estimated that 40% of house fires at Christmas are the result of unsafely placed lighted candles
4. Children have been injured by sleeping on electronics under their pillows.
5. Keep pets away from Christmas lights as they tend to chew on strands.
6. 8) Five people were injured last year in accidents involving out of control Scalextric cars.
8. 5) Eighteen people had serious burns in 1998 trying on a new jumper/sweater with a lit cigarette in their mouth.
9. Hospitals reported 4 broken arms in 2015 Christmas after cracker pulling accidents.
10. Three people die each year testing if a 9v battery works on their tongue.
11. Eight people cracked their skull in 1997 after falling asleep while throwing up into the toilet.
12. Nineteen people have died in the last 3 years 2012-2015 believing that Christmas decorations were chocolate.
13. Fifty eight people are injured each year by using sharp knives instead of screwdrivers.
14. One hundred and one people since 1997 have had to have broken parts of plastic toys pulled out of the soles of their feet after they got angry or walked on these toys.
A German Throws Christmas Tree, And Himself Out of Window
Poor Willy Thevessen threw his Christmas tree out of a third floor window. The problem was that somehow he managed to throw himself out of the window too. It was late at night and he may have seen a German T.V. advert showing people throwing their old trees out of the windo w.Mr Thevessen suffered severe head injuries and was taken to a hospital in Moenchengladbach Germany.
A Nice Thought:
In Charles Dickens’ “A Christmas Carol” a new enlightened Scrooge promises to keep the “Spirit of Christmas” in his heart – EVERY DAY.