Jamaica, where televison crews rush to view mobs beating/killing gays but won’t accept paid ads that ask for tolerance/equal rights.
How much blame should be assigned to the Jamaica’s extreme language of anti-gay conservative Christian leaders?
If Jamaican television stations hadn’t refused to air pro-tolerance public-service announcements, would the level of anti-gay hatred be lower?
If preachers emphasized the importance of love as much as they decry homosexuality, would LGBT people in Jamaica be safer?
Here are the Jamaican statistics and they speak for themselves
Anti-gay violence of July 22 to Aug. 22:
Other recent attacks in Jamaica have included:
Dwayne Jones in his casket, murdered on July 22, 2013
1) The murder of 17-year-old cross-dresser Dwayne Jones at a public street-party in St. James (the Montego Bay area) on July 22. Jones was attacked after a female party-goer complained that Jones was a man dressed as a woman.
2) A mob attack on a Kingston police officer suspected to be gay on Aug. 1. He had to be rescued by other officers firing shots in the air and firing teargas into the crowd.
3) A mob attack on the home of two gay persons in St. Catherine, also on Aug. 1. They too had to be rescued by police.
4) A mob attack on a cross-dresser in St. Catherine on Aug. 10. The police again had to rescue the individual.
5) A mob attack on five allegedly gay men, who were trapped in their house in Green Mountain on Aug. 22 until police arrived and escorted them to safety.
6) August 18, 2011, armed thugs barged into the small home that 16 year-old Oshane Gordon shared with mother and hacked him to death. They hacked his mother, but she survived
When is enough, enough? I think there is a case for bringing television stations to justice for not saving lives of majorities?