- Sleeping Horses
- -horses do not lie down together, one stands guard for dangers
- -horses lock their legs when they sleep so they don’t fall over
The Big – Small- and Less
- -Horses have small stomachs and short intestines
- -one front leg is shorter then the other- and the mane falls to that side
- Arabian horses have one less rib, back vertebrae and neck vertebrae
- -A horse’s brain is the size of a potato
- -horses have close to 360 degrees all around vision
What Horses Can and Can’t Do horses can’t vomit
- horses in general can’t sleep for more than 3-4 hrs during a 24 hr period.
- horses can see better at night than people
- -horses can interpret tones rather than words
- -horses can’t breath through their mouth
- – horses can poop up to 15 times a day-
- horses age can be determined by their teeth till the age of 9
- -horses ears point where they are looking
- In the wild mares decide where the herd goes, but there is often a dominant stallion
Is There a Record of the Oldest Horse.
Records show that a barge horse, who lived from 1760 to 1822, died at the age of 62 years.
What is the highest Jump that a horse has made?
The official Fédération Equestre Internationale record for high jump is 2.47 m (8 ft 1.25 in) by Huaso ex-Faithful, ridden by Capt. Alberto Larraguibel Morales (Chile) at Viña del Mar, Santiago, Chile on 5 February 1949. The committee stated that in order for it to be beaten, 2.49 m must be cleared.
The World’s Biggest Horse
Big Jake, certified by the Guinness Book of World Records as the world’s tallest horse, stands 20.3 hands, or nearly 6-foot-11, at his withers (where his shoulder meets his neck) and weighs around 2,600 pounds, Gilbert said. He is 13 and is retired from a hitch team that competed successfully around the country, he added.
The World’s Smallest Living Horse (female)
As of 7 July 2006, the record for the smallest living horse is Thumbelina, a miniature sorrel brown mare who measures 44.5 cm (17.5 in) to the withers and is owned by Kay and Paul Goessling (Both USA) who live on the Goose Creek Farm Inc, St Louis, Missouri, USA.
Which Country Has the Most Horses?
China is said to have more than 10 million horses in a population of over 1.3 billion people.
The country of China not only is populated by the most people but apparently they have the most horses too! They have 10,000,000 horse
paula: I hope you enjoyed this blog as much as I did writing it.